Information, News, and other generalities related to sports cards.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Our wallet is bigger than our brain.

The most expensive part of running a website like ours is time. It takes a long time to do anything. By far the most tedious and time consuming task is sorting and entering cards into our inventory. In the past we tried to pace our acquisitions with our ability to enter the cards into inventory.
Over the last several months we have picked up quite a few decent sized collections. We currently have between 1 and 1.5 million cards waiting to be entered onto the website. It's not all late 90's filler either. We have practically every Topps base card from 1956 on sitting in storage.

Why do I tell you this? Because we are not buying right now, and we are devoting our time to getting as much of this onto the website as quickly as possible. In the last 3 days we've added about 6 thousand cards to the website. Keep your eye out on the website. Chances are if you need it, we've got it, and we are going to get it listed soon. Need it now? Just send us an email. We'll dig through boxes to see if we can't find it for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you have a blog with your website. Even if you haven't updated it in a while. I've been cleaning out a bunch of stuff from my parents' place, which partially entailed my reacquaintance with my baseball card collection. That's what made me think of checking out your site. It's so fun to know that the cards I meticulously collected as a child are almost worthless. At least I have my dad's 60-62 Topps (Maris, Mantle, Mays, Marichal, Spahn, Musial, Clemente!) to console myself with. I hope things are going well down in NC. Tell "Mrs. BBC" (I love that nickname by the way) I said hello.

1:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home